Sunday, February 03, 2008


Salad with Falafel Spiced Walnuts, Red Onion and Balsamic Vinegar.

Although my overall behavior has been far from perfect lately, I am noticing that my behavior is changing. One of the changes that is most interesting to me is that I don't eat as much as I used to.

Before making the decision to finally lose weight, I would come home from work hungry and snack and then eat dinner or even eat two dinners. These days if I choose to snack after work I usually don't then proceed to eat dinner. I'm finding that I don't need to force myself to eat less, it just happens. I think that is pretty cool.

There is a lot about my life now that I never thought I would have or be able to do. I never thought that I would look at myself in the mirror or in a picture and not feel ashamed about what I see. Even though I don't have doubts about my ability to meet my goals, I am still a little amazed that I can now buy clothes in the "normal" section of the stores.

Probably my favorite change is the fact that I can run. For a long time I thought it would be cool to be a runner, and envied those who do. I can remember less than a year ago thinking that I would be happy if I could run the entire length of Cammie and my standard walking route around the neighborhood, which is less than a mile and a half - well I can now run twice that easily, and am improving all the time. It's a great thing.

It feels good to feel good about yourself!