Wednesday, January 02, 2008

don't stop, believein'

Day 2
Today's Motivation of the Day is brought to you by Valerie Bertinelli.

I came home from work today and was struggling with motivating myself to work out. I know I need to get into the habit of working out in the morning but the first day back to work after a week and a half off was not the day to do it. So I was sitting on the couch with Cammie, not really planning on working out (even though I had put my workout clothes on) when one of Valerie Bertinelli's Jenny Craig Commercials came on, I think she is so much more sincere about her weight loss and her success than Kirstie Alley and it is very inspiring, seeing her talk about meeting her goals gave me that little push that I needed to get on the treadmill. Thanks Val!

In general, it's tremendously inspiring and motivating to see the success of others. It makes me think of how great it feels to set a big goal and meet it. Thinking about feeling accomplished, fulfilled and that awesome sense of closure one gets when a big goal goal is met or obstacle is overcome really gets me focused on meeting my goals.

A quick note about food: I had Susan V's Green on Green soup for lunch today, one of the three soups I made this past weekend to freeze and stock up on for the next few weeks. This is the second time I've made this soup, and while it came out a bit differently this time - it's still delicious! Definitely try this one!