Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"don't get cocky"

Thank you to everyone who has commented this week, your encouragement has been very very encouraging!

I am happy to say that I am 1/2 way through losing the weight (obviously a lot of it was water weight) that I put on in my 2ish weeks of not caring/business trip in San Francisco. Say what you will about losing water weight and that it's not actual loss of fatty tissue and all, but it does feel good to step on the scale in the morning and see the scale going down. This kind of thing is what I need to feel re-dedicated. It makes me look forward to seeing new "lowest adult weight ever" numbers in the near future.

Food for this week has been smoothies for breakfast (except for this morning, I had carrots because I just didn't feel like making one). Hubby found me some frozen no sugar added mandarin orange segments which I've been putting in my smoothies for a little something different. I need to get into the habit of putting at least an ounce or two of kale into my smoothies for the added nutrient punch.

Lunches and dinners have been salads, lunches have been salads because we've had a series of business lunches with other colleges this week, and dinners have been salads because, well, I really really like my lettuce - red onion - walnut - bleu cheese - balsamic combo.

Running! The Turkey Trot is a week from tomorrow and I'm feeling good. I'm slower than I'd like to be but I think that as I continue to train and lose weight I will get faster. No matter what, it's cool to think that I can now go out and run 3 or 4 miles continuously when just this past summer I was running in 3 or 4 minute time blocks.