Thursday, August 16, 2007

three

Thursday:
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: fruit, bean salad, a dab of pasta salad, 1 cookie, and 2 brownies...
Exercise: 40 min run with Cammie
Dinner: Salad (romaine, red onion, walnuts, balsamic, blue cheese)
Fuhrmometer: 7.25 - lentil+

Today was a growth experience.

As you can see, lunch sucked. We were at a whole-campus event and lunch consisted of some scary looking potato salad, a bean salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, cold cuts and sandwich fixings along with assorted cookies and brownies. I wasn't expecting anything great out of lunch today but in a way this was worse than I could have guessed. In retrospect, I could have made a decent lunch out of the fruit salad and some lettuce and tomato etc from the sandwich stuff but I didn't think of it at the time... ANYWAY... I did spend most of the afternoon feeling guilty about it and being upset with myself.

I waffled back and forth for a good part of the afternoon if I was going to say "screw it" for the rest of the day or if I was going to make an effort to make the rest of the day as good as I could. You've already seen that I DID workout and I DID eat salad for dinner, so I did make the best out of the day. Reading the blogs of my buddies and reading the forums helped out tremendously and was extremely motivating.

Today was a growth experience for me because I took the "high road" and didn't give up on the day like I have been so prone to in the past. It wasn't easy to come home and go for a run, but I made myself do it. It also would have been easier to make a sandwich or something for dinner; but I actually wanted my salad. I may not have been perfect today but I am still very happy with myself.