Wednesday, May 16, 2007

desserts and dresses

Wednesday:
Exercise: short walk with Cammie (it started raining), 25 min on treadmill, 40ish min Core workout (Y!F)
Breakfast: Smoothie (spinach, blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 banana, flax, water)
Lunch: 1/2 bowl of mushroom - onion - broccoli rabe soup
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie
Dinner: Salad (baby greens, cucumber, red onion, greek inspired dressing), Raw Brownies
Fuhrmometer: 9 - Broccoli

The other day I had a Lara Bar with lunch. It was a chocolate coconut Lara Bar to be specific. I can remember the first time I had a Lara Bar and how it was the most awesome thing that I had ever tasted and I couldn't believe that it was all natural and (kind of) allowed on ETL. It really did taste like a brownie to me.

Then a while back I read about Raw Brownies made with dates, walnuts and cocoa powder. I made them and again could not believe how good and decadent they were. The other day was the first time since discovering the Raw Brownies that I had a Lara Bar, and as much as I love Lara Bars and the fact that they are out there creating all natural food - I have to say it just didn't compare.

I think that I prefer the Raw Brownies to pretty much every other sweet that exists, which is cool because it's a really sensible way to not feel deprived of "normal" food (junk) which I still struggle with from time to time.

Like recently with all of the stress of work I would go home and want to share a meal with hubby - which last week meant things like pizza, or burgers (veggie burgers for me) on the grill, and ice cream. It is something that I need to figure out how to get over.

To completely change topics but not really, this morning when I was on the treadmill I tried to visualize how I want to be/look/feel when I reach my goal to help get me refocused and motivated. I couldn't think of anything in particular but did think about how I don't want to be stuck where I am for long - clothing wise I'm on the very edge of being able to shop in the "normal" stores and I'd really like to get firmly into that territory sooner than later. I can see a huge milestone (100 lbs lost) in the distance and would really like to get there and to "Onederland" soon as well. I'll be seeing family this summer that I haven't seen for a year or two and it would be really nice to say "yeah, I've lost 100 pounds since June 06..."

But then when I got to work this morning and checked one of my favorite non-food or weight loss blogs A Dress A Day, and I saw it, a beautiful dress that I could just picture my goal self in and I knew that I have to have that dress and that I have to get to my goal so that I can feel good in a dress like that. It's the entire motivational package.

Now I just have to remember that dress before giving in to eating the kind of junk that I have been eating, because a cookie may provide a few minutes of pleasure - but dresses definitely last much longer.