Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How to Smoothie

Thursday:
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min flexibility workout (Y!F)
Breakfast: The Smoothie
Lunch: none
Dinner: Salad (lettuce, hummus, cucumber, red onion), 1/2 whole wheat pita with Quorn Naked Cutlet, tomato and red onion; raw brownies
Fuhrmometer: 8 - eggplant


Yesterday Tara asked for more details about my smoothies. So here goes:

On the weekend I put together my smoothie kits for the week, so in the mornings all I have to do is quickly defrost the kit in the microwave for 1 minute and then throw everything in the VitaMix and viola!

I use a digital kitchen scale to make sure things are roughly the same and that the finished product fills up my Nalgene wide-mouth bottles:

8 oz frozen spinach (Dr. Fuhrman says to count the same as fresh)
5 oz frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
enough strawberries to make 1lb 4oz or 20oz total weight
flax (1Tb ground or 2Tb whole)

2 cups of water or 1 16.9 oz bottle

Sometimes I do change things up but this is what I stick with most of the time due to the ease of getting the ingredients goodness from the berries and spinach.