Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday:
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min flexibility workout (Y!F)
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: 1/2 bowl Springtime Soup
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie
Dinner: Salad - lettuce, hummus, wasabi wonton strips; Raw Brownies
Fuhrmometer: 8.5 - eggplant/broccoli

Today I realized that I can be satisfied on less than what I planned to eat, and that I don't have to force myself to realize that. For someone who has been an over eater for pretty much all of her life this is pretty cool. I was eating my lunch and just came to a point where I was satiated and realized that I could save the other half of my soup for lunch tomorrow.

It's not that I would or should feel bad if I had eaten the entire thing - but the fact that I don't have to force myself to stop if I want to or need to and can listen to what my body really wants/needs. I've never been one of those people who could stop eating a restaurant meal in the middle just because. It always was a conscious effort to not look like a pig in front of others. I never understood how people could do that or leave food on their plate but now I am starting to get it. And that's really cool to me.