Saturday, May 19, 2007

the superiority that is the salad

The college I work for had graduation yesterday, this was me!

I felt awesome all day despite runs in my stockings :-) At lunch/dinner in between the Graduate and Undergraduate ceremonies we went to an Italian restaraunt where their most popular dish is spaghetti parmesan - yup, pasta with sauce covered in tons of mozzerella cheese and broiled. I am happy to say that I had a salad and it was wonderful - mixed greens with big chunks of apple, dried cherries, walnuts, red onion and a little bit of crumbly blue cheese (I picked off a bunch of the blue cheese) and balsamic vinegar for dressing! When the server brought me my salad everyone at the table (there were 14 of us) oohed and aahed over my salad. It was awesome. The best part was after dinner when we were heading back for the evening ceremony and everyone was complaining about how stuffed they felt and I felt awesome :-)