Friday, May 04, 2007

girl stuff

Friday:
Exercise: Rest Day, 30 min walk with Cammie
Breakfast: that damn snack mix from yesterday, smoothie
Lunch: a couple crackers with dip
Dinner: chinese food
Fuhrmometer: 3 - Cashew

So I've never outwardly blamed my lack of weight loss in a particular week on my cycle... until now. I did mess up on Monday by eating cereal and snacking before breakfast (or did my smoothie become the snack, hmm). But until today the rest of the week has been decent. And yet this week's weight loss doesn't compare to last weeks in the least... so I'm blaming it on... it.

I guess I should have seen it coming with the urge to snack and my complete meltdown on Tuesday and been prepared for all of the fun side effects but I just wasn't. At any rate it's still been a good week with hitting the halfway point and most likely hitting the -80 mark (and a little more by Monday hopefully!), so I can't really complain.

Another not so bad thing - ever since starting ETL my cycle has become much more predictable (which I take as a sign of returning health) and I've noticed my symptoms (the moodiness and cravings and all of that stuff you see in the midol commercials) much more than I ever used to. The good thing about this that I realized this morning is that they were probably there all along but I used to feel so crappy all the time that I never really noticed a particular difference. Now that I feel good almost all the time I really notice when I'm not in a good mood or don't feel good.

It's amazing to me that I'm almost a year into Eating to Live and I'm still having these epiphanys about how bad I used to feel and how much things have improved. It's great incentive not to go back to where I was before!