Thursday, May 03, 2007

dress dreaming

Thursday:
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min Flexibility workout (Y!F)
Breakfast: Smoothie (spinach, blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 banana, flax, water)
Lunch: Springtime Soup
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie
Dinner: Salad (romaine, cucumber, falafel, greek inspired dressing), raw brownies
Fuhrmometer: 9.5 broccoli/kale

Sometimes I think that I'm going to bring my camera into the office so that I can take pictures of the things that hang around here and sometimes tempt me. For an office where everyone is actively either trying to maintain or lose weight and/or be healthier (utilizing various methods) there seem to be a lot of sweets and other junk foods around here.

Today there was a bag of snack mix stuff in the kitchen that the vending machine guy left for us which was trying to tempt me (it didn't do a very good job). I usually alternate between being tempted by the junk to being angry that it's there to wanting to throw it all away (because it's not healthy for ANYONE is it). But today I feel like I have a grip on things and can let them (the food that is) live in their own unhealthy world while I exist happily in my healthy, getting thinner, feeling good world.

I'm going to go shopping for a dress to wear to Graduation soon and am looking forward to it much more than I probably should! I really like the Dress of the Week dress and want to go try it on, hopefully it will fit and if it doesn't I won't feel too bad about it! But anyway, the thought of that dress definitely is helping me stay on the straight and narrow - every little bit helps!