Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday:
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min Upper Body Workout (Y!F), 30 min treadmill
First Meal: (12:15ish) Oriental Salad - romaine, scallions, mandarin oranges, walnuts, cucumber with Ginger Sesame Dressing on the side.
Second Meal: (7:30ish) Romaine with "refried" beans, whole wheat pita, raw brownies
Fuhrmometer: 9 - Broccoli... I think

Since today is Administrative Professionals Day, our small office took our two admins to lunch at a very nice upscale restaraunt. My salad was great; they kindly substituted the crushed walnuts for chinese noodles for me and the waiter sent back my salad because they didn't put the dressing on the side before it even got to me. I dipped my fork into the dressing before stabbing at my veggies so I only had enough for what I needed. The dressing wasn't ideal but the rest of the salad was really great. It's something that I'd make at home - I'll have to work on a similar dressing.

This place that we went is known all over the region for its desserts. I mean; what they offer is really gourmet and generally not the type of food you would see in a smaller city like Rochester. These desserts are amazing. Everyone at the table ordered some dessert but not me! I didn't even feel bad as I sat there while everyone else ate their desserts. I know that if I wanted to I could have one (they have macaroons the size of baseballs), but would rather save it for a special occasion like my birthday or anniversary or something. Right now I feel so good about my eating, exercising, and weight loss that there is absolutely no temptation to go off plan - it's better than any dessert!