Tuesday, April 24, 2007

full of recipes

Tuesday:
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie
Breakfast: Smoothie (spinach, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, 1/2 banana, flax, cocoa powder, water)
Lunch: Springtime Soup
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min Yourself!Fitness
Dinner: "refried" beans on romaine, 1/2 homemade whole wheat pita; raw brownies
Fuhrmometer: 9.5 - Broccoli/Kale

Yesterday afternoon I found myself sitting in a classroom proctoring exams for two of my advisees and I'd finished the work I took with me to do. I'm not the type to sit there and stare off into space so I ended up doing (sort of) what I used to do in middle school when waiting for the rest of the class to finish the test; I doodled.

When I was in middle school I used to write lyrics to songs on the back of my test papers. My seventh grade history teacher thought this was very amusing and used to read them (not out loud). He was a cool guy. But this time I didn't feel like writing down lyrics to songs, I also didn't feel like drawing my dream house, which I have also been known to do. I wrote about food. I made up a recipe for soup that I am going to try out this weekend, I jotted down some ideas for salads and also some very fuzzy ideas for ETL-friendly muffins.

I thought about how frequently I like to go back and find a recipe I made and posted months ago and how it'd be so much more convenient if I had an index of links like other bloggers (Bree for example) do to make it easier to find them again. I decided that it's time for me to put together an index of recipes that I've posted too; so I created full of recipes. It only has 10 posts and 8 recipes right now; but it will grow.

Then I thought how cool it would be to make it into a community blog for all of my ETL bloggin' buddies who would like to contribute to post recipes to as well. There are ETL recipes on the member center at Dr. Fuhrman's website, and Susan V at Fat Free Vegan has a lot of great recipes too, how great would it be to have another resource for ETL friendly recipes? If anyone out there would like to contribute; let me know. If not, then it'll be my own little thing - it's cool either way!