Wednesday, April 11, 2007

so far so good

Tuesday:
Exercise: 30 min Yourself!Fitness, 30 min Treadmill
Breakfast: smoothie (spinach, kale, blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 banana, flax and water)
Lunch: Springtime Soup
Exercise: 30ish min walk with Cammie
Dinner: hummus on romaine, 1/2 homemade pita, applesauce with dates; cinnamon and lightly toasted walnuts
Fuhrmometer: 9.5 - Broccoli/Kale

Wednesday:
Exercise: 30 min Yourself!Fitness, 30 min Treadmill
Breakfast: smoothie (spinach, kale, blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 banana, flax and water)
Lunch: Springtime Soup
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie
Dinner: Chinese - tofu & broccoli in garlic sauce with white rice
Fuhrmometer: 7 - lentil

Well, so far I'm doing well with not taking that first bite. There has been temptation and I've almost given in a couple times but I'm happy to say that I've stayed strong. Yesterday when I got home from work & walking Cammie I really wanted a PB&J, but I didn't have it and am so happy that I didn't! For some reason I have this thing about eating at certain times, I usually have my breakfast smoothie around 10am and try not to eat lunch until at least 2, but sometimes this doesn't work and I get hungry earlier. The same happens with dinner. I get hungry at 6 but don't want to eat until later and then end up eating a snack and then dinner later. Well last night when I was hungry for dinner at 5:45 I made myself wait until 6 and then had dinner. I think that some part of me is worried that I'll get hungry again if I eat dinner too early, but I was fine. I also need to remember that getting hungry is not the end of the world; I'm not going to die if I get hungry at 5:30 and can't eat until 7:30. It's just food!

Speaking of food; yesterday I was craving cinnamon rolls for some reason (I think it must have been the kind of coffee they made at the office) and came up with a really great and ETL-friendly "dessert" to satisfy my craving for brown sugar and cinannamon: dates pureed with a little hot water and cinnamon mixed into warm applesauce and topped with lightly toasted walnuts. Yummy!

Today I have been staring down the leftover Easter candy and some crackers from an open house in the kitchen. A couple of times the little devil on my shoulder tried to get me to eat just one Hershey's Kiss or jelly bean and then another time the little devil almost convinced me to say "screw it" and eat all the jelly beans etc. But every time he tries I tell that little devil to go away and that I'm NOT going to take that first bite, and it feels really good to be in control.

Hi to hubby - I miss you and can't wait to hang out with you tonight! (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday's hubby and I don't really see one another because of work schedules)