Friday, April 20, 2007

A New Leaf

Friday:
Breakfast: Smoothie (Spinach, Kale, Blueberries, Strawberries, 1/2 banana, flax and water)
Lunch: Dole Spring Garden Salad Kit and Dole Leafy Romaine (that's TWO bags of salad!)
Dinner: Romaine with "refried" beans and scallions, homemade pita, smoothie (cherries, strawberries, kale, cocoa powder and water)
Exercise: rest day today
Fuhrmometer: 8.5 eggplant/broccoli

A phone conversation this morning between me and the hubs:

Me: I forgot my lunch today so I’m going to go to the store to get some lettuce for lunch and a couple of other things; do you want any groceries?

Hubby: (stuff he wants from the store) Yeah I thought you were going to say that you were going to go to Lori’s Natural Foods* – I see you’ve been there three times in the past three weeks.

Me: Nope, I’m turning over a new leaf.

Hubby: Promise?

Me: Yup.

…blah blah blah not important…

Hubby: Well maybe summer is your time to shine and winter is your time to maintain.

Me: We’ll see.

When I originally said “we’ll see” it was with an air of uncertainty about how well I can stick with this, given my track record of late. But one of the things that I have strived (is that a word?) to do all along is not allow myself to talk or write about my weight loss with any measure of negativity or uncertainty about my ability to succeed. Because I am succeeding and I will continue to do so. I’m choosing to give new meaning to my “we’ll see” comment and have decided that it means “we’ll see just how successful I can be, because my time to shine is all the time.”

Also – I am going to start posting every day again, even if it is just to say what I ate. If you don’t see a post from me I give you all full permission to take that as a sign that I was naughty and don’t want to fess up to it. BUT I don’t plan on that happening so no worries! I'll also be posting my weekly weigh in every Monday - gotta have added motivation to stay on track over the weekend!


*Lori's Natural Foods is the source of the tasty but not healthy wraps that I was addicted to. But not any more! Well, they will still have them but I no longer feel drawn to them like in the cartoons when a certain scent wafts around and entrances bugs bunny into floating over to whatever it might be.