Sunday, April 29, 2007

booty

Sunday:
Breakfast: Smoothie (spinach, cherries, banana, cocoa powder, flax, water)
Exercise: Mowed the lawn,30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min Cardio workout (Y!F); 15 min Yoga (Y!F)
Lunch: Salad (romaine, falafel, cucumber, tomatoes, homemade Greek Inspired Dressing); fuji apple sliced and sprinkled with cinnamon
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie
Dinner: romaine, "refried" beans, whole wheat pita; raw brownies
Fuhrmometer: 9 - Broccoli

Hubby and I went to the public market this weekend and scored some awesome deals:

$1 for this entire box of bananas! We weighed it when we got home and there were 17 pounds of bananas before we peeled and bagged them to be frozen. I think that these bananas will last for 2½ to 3 months worth of smoothies.

All this ginger – about 2 pounds - also for $1. It’s a good thing that this stuff can be frozen!

We also picked up a bushel of Fuji apples for $2, 3 bunches of green onions for $1, a big seedless cucumber for $1.25, a big container of cumin for $6.50, some garlic for $1 and other stuff that I’m forgetting. I can’t believe we didn’t go there until now, we went to a farmers market closer to our house last summer but didn’t think that there were any started up yet this year; well the public market is there all year round!

I also cooked yesterday and made some more Springtime Soup and took a stab at some ETL friendly Falafel. The falafel are ok, I think I need to tinker with the recipe some more and I’ll post it when I figure it out. I did make some dressing with chia gel which I will post soon.

Tomorrow’s another official weigh in, and I am so glad that I moved it from Sunday mornings to Monday mornings. This morning I was craving bad bad food and I have to say the only thing that kept me from having them was the knowledge that I have to post my weight tomorrow morning and I want to be happy with the number that I post.