Wednesday, February 28, 2007

new pants

Wednesday:
Exercise: 30min Yourself!Fitness, 30 min treadmill
Breakfast: Standard Smoothie
Lunch: 1/2 bowl of Golden Austrian Cauliflower Soup, apple
Dinner: 1/2 sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, possibly red pepper, some feta and cilantro hummus - it was from Panera
Fuhrmometer: 9/Broccoli

Today, for the first time in my life, I wore a major garment (pants) that I purchased at the Gap. The pockets still don't look right (the pants are just a tad tight through the hips, but I don't think that side-slit pockets are flattering to many women, plus what does any woman ever keep in the pockets of her dressy work pants? I know I don't put anything in them...); but the pocket dilemma was easily fixed by a longer sweater to cover them. :-)

I know that this sounds stupid to most people, but when you've been overweight since you can remember and haven't been able to shop in "normal" stores since probably middle school; it's a big deal.

For me this is a stepping-stone into a life as a normal sized person. I am still overweight, and have no plans on staying this size, but now that I am not pigeon-holed into shopping in the plus size department I can see the clearing at the end of the path, and I am very excited to get there.