Monday, November 13, 2006

Today:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: blended salad
Dinner: Green Machine Soup, cashews

Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min Yourself!Fitness, 30 min bike

Fuhrmometer Reading: Kale

Awesome! Back on track! Today wasn't easy, there was a lot that I wanted that I didn't give in to. Luckily, none of it was in front of me or at my house so that helped a lot. Right now I wish I had something sweet (even the stuff for a pumpkin smoothie)...

Somebody (the lovely PortlandBound) posted this link on Dr. Fuhrman's site recently. It's a must-read for anyone who is working to lose weight, become healthier, or make a change in their life. The reader's digest version of the post is that it's better to make goals that are based on your behaviors and not seeing a particular number on the scale by a certain date and to also measure success daily. If I do everything right today then GOAL! Take it one day at a time and just try to be the best you can be on that day. I think this could be a key to making lasting lifestyle changes.

It's not always easy; but taking it one day at a time makes it that much easier.