Friday, November 17, 2006

The Pardoning of the Soup

Thursday:
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: Blended Salad
Dinner: Green Machine Soup, microwave popcorn

Exercise: 30 min AM walk with Cammie, 30 min Yourself!Fitness, 30 min PM walk with Cammie

Fuhrmometer: Eggplant/Broccoli

Ok, so I had one last bowl of the dreaded Green Machine Soup that I was going to make myself eat and then throw away the 2 big containers I have of it in the freezer. Well, I decided to throw caution to the wind (hehe) and try putting some curry powder in it... as suggested by "Anonymous" on Tuesday's post. I stirred some of the curry powder in and also about 1.5 teaspoons of Braggs and was already much more excited about the soup than I previously had been... it smelled amazing! I told hubby that this soup may still have a chance because if it smells that good then hopefully it will taste good. When I took that first bite it was like eating a completely different soup!

So I've decided NOT to chuck the remainder of the soup, I am going to cook up the rest of it with curry powder. I was going to make something else this weekend to throw into the mix for some variety but I am in love with this soup now - so healthy and [now] so tasty! Plus the less time that I have to spend in the grocery store with everyone else clamoring for Thanksgiving fixins the better ;-)

So thanks, "Anonymous at 11:38am" for the suggestion!