Thursday, October 26, 2006

roller coaster

Wednesday:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: 2 tofu tacos with lettuce and tomatoes in a white soft tortilla with black beans and rice - all vegan but I'm sure there was oil and sodium involved
Dinner: Salad with creamy almost ETL-Ranch... recipe needs some work.
Tootsie rolls after dinner...

Exercise: 30 minute walk the dog, 30 minutes with Maya, 30 minutes treadmill

Fuhrmometer: lentil

Wednesday started off very well and very early. I got up at 6:45 (which is SOOO early for me) and walked Cammie and did the rest of my workout. It was great to get everything done in the morning and really the toughest part about it was getting myself out of bed. By about 8:30pm I was beginning to crash though. I'm going to have to work on going to sleep earlier if I want to keep on doing this.

So that was more or less my high point of the day.

I ended up getting stressed out and upset in the middle of the day and one of my co-workers asked me if I wanted to go to lunch or get out of the office with her for a little while. I knew that if we went out I'd be sacrificing a Kale day and shouldn't go - but I did anyway. Lunch was good but hubby laughed at me because I said in Tuesday's post that I would do 12 Kale days in a row before Boston. Well now it's 11.

I don't write things here and then not do them to be a hypocrite, and I hope people can identify with this. There are things in our lives that we all want to do - like getting up early and working out for instance, that we really and truly want to do but things just happen and we end up not being able to do them. Now that's not really the best analogy or anything but my point is that when I said I was going for 12 Kale days in a row before going to Boston I meant it. I didn't have any intention of going out to lunch the next day and had no idea that things would turn out the way that they did.

I suppose all I can do is try to be better and more consistent. :-)