Monday, October 02, 2006

October Goals


Today:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine with pomegranate balsamic
Snack: apple
Dinner: Dr. F's Anti-Cancer Soup with Broccoli, Cauliflower and Broccoli Rabe; apple

Exercise: 30 min bike, 15 min treadmill

Fuhrmometer Reading: broccoli!

Over at Dr. Fuhrman's website on the member forums there are what is called the monthly challenge. Those who wish to participate post their personal goals for the month and everyone provides support and accountability for everyone else. I tried to participate in July but never kept up with it. So for October I'm going to give it another go. Here are my goals for the month:

1. Keep posting here to stay accountable (same goes for the blog)
2. Work 2 hours of strength training in each week
3. No more than 2 off-plan meals this week and next, 1 per week for the rest of the month

October is a tough month! This week is my boss' birthday and I know we are going to take her out to lunch when we go to another campus for a meeting on Wednesday and we'll also have some sort of celebration here at our campus another day. I have no clue where we're going but hopefully can get a salad or something else very close to ETL. A week from Saturday is hubby & my first anniversary (woo hoo!) and we are planning on dinner at the restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner. After these "events" I should be able to stick much closer to the plan.

The toughest thing for me right now is incorporating strength training into my exercise routine. I've been doing an hour of cardio 6x a week but haven't been so good about the strength training; which I know is important. I am going to shoot for doing 1 hour on the weekend and 2 30 min sessions during the week.

Something else that I was thinking about today... I've achieved a place where I really like ETL food. I can remember thinking all the time about what I was going to eat when I got to a treat day... like my birthday. These days; I don't obsess over treat days, I enjoy OP food when I eat it; but I enjoy ETL food just as much. There are days when I'd prefer not to eat a salad; and I usually don't on the weekend to give myself a break. But overall, I'm in a great place! I realized this evening that I had a perfect ETL day (except for the snack) without a second thought or temptation. How cool!