Monday, October 16, 2006

momentum

Today:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: salad, 2 mini-quiches, apple pie
Dinner: whole wheat toast, veggies with spicy sauce

Exercise: rest day

Fuhrmometer Reading: Potato

Well, I'd say that food wise today was better than yesterday; but overall it's not where I want to be. Who wants to be at 50% all of the time? I think that the rest of the week will be MUCH better. I know that I really need to work on my willpower; I just can't say no to some things. I think I am/have been sliding back into the Live to Eat mode rather than Eat to Live. I don't want my life and happiness to revolve around food. I know that there are other ways to feel pleasure and comfort but it's just so easy to get those things from food. I have noticed that I am enjoying ETL foods and there are some things that actually are comforting to me. It's not that I don't like ETL food - I do; I guess I just like other food too. I need to work on really being amused and occupied by other things besides food. I think that it will take time.

The other thing - and I'm not playing the blame game here; what goes into my mouth is all me - is that it's tough eating right when you share your living space with others. Just as I am an adult and get to decide what I eat and why; so is my hubby. It's not fair for me to say what can and can't be in the house just because I have trouble staying out of the stuff I don't want to be eating. It does make it tough sometimes though, but I know I can do better.

In happier news, I did have someone comment to me today that I look good; and that felt really nice. I can't wait until I've dropped another 55 pounds to see what people say! Hopefully I can light the fire again and they will start coming off with the same momentum that I had before.