Wednesday, October 04, 2006

blue men and my man


Today:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch:1/2 my usual romaine with Blood Orange Vinegar, small piece of baklava
Dinner: ?

Exercise: rest day

Fuhrmometer Reading: Cashew/Brown Rice

Hubby won tickets from his work (have I ever said how much I love his work?) to go see Blue Man Group tonight so I'm checking in early. It's been an interesting day food wise - our lunch and meeting in Buffalo were cancelled which was nice because I wouldn't have to navigate a restaurant menu for a lunch selection and was happy to eat my romaine here in my office. Then my co-workers decided that we would go to this little restaurant around the corner that has some amazing desserts to celebrate my boss' birthday. I got so stressed out! I should have just stayed here but I really didn't want to be the party pooper so I went. I ended up getting baklava, which was way too sweet and buttery; it gave me a tummy ache and knocked the Fuhrmometer way down. Well, it's just one day and tomorrow will be better!

In other news, I love my husband. I guess it's not really news because everyone kind of expects that spouses love one another but mine is really awesome. He is so supportive of me and my efforts to become healthy and I really appreciate that. He has the perfect balance of being supportive when I need it and being a hard ass when I need it. I attribute my level of success with ETL to his support; without him I don't think I'd be barreling down the highway of weight loss as smoothly as I am. He really is my perfect compliment, he's outgoing when I am reserved, he's got an amazing talent and intelligence for all things technical and mechanical when I prefer reading and writing and art. We make a great team; he makes me laugh and he makes me think, and most importantly he makes me excited for our future and what we have yet to accomplish. I hope that everyone has someone in their life that does these things for them as well, it certainly makes the highs higher and the lows not as low.

Honey, I love you.