Sunday, September 24, 2006

talk about anticlimactic

Today's Food:
Breakfast: toast, nutty buddy
Lunch/Dinner: pasta with parmesan cheese

Exercise: 30 min bike, 30 min treadmill



Well I ate like s&*^ today.

It's not because I'm upset about my less than stellar weigh-in. I am happy that I at least lost something this week; and I know that the weight will come off with time. I spent the day thinking about this pattern that I have of losing a bunch one week and then losing not a bunch the next week. I came to the miraculous ephipany (note sarcasm here)that it's all about what I eat. I'm willing to bet that if I were able to consistently stick with the plan and not let myself eat meals off plan then my weight loss would be much more consistent.

So why can't I eat OP consistently? I'm not sure, but I think I've become cocky. Thinking that I can get away with eating some "normal" food and still lose lots of weight. This line of thinking is obviously crap. I need to really commit to not eating off plan unless it is planned in advance. I want to be able to commit to this; very very very much but am worried that in the heat of the moment when I am really hungry or have had a stressful day that I'll just say "screw it" and eat what I want to. If only at that moment I could stop myself and realize that I WILL REGRET IT on weigh day.

Well the past is the past and all that I have control over is now. I'm going to do my best to stick to the plan this week. I think it's going to be about eating my planned meal when I am hungry and not letting my huger drag on and on until I am so ravenous I switch into "screw it" mode. It's also going to be about not letting stress get to me and making me switch into "screw it" mode either. I think I'll really be on to something if I can master these things.