Monday, September 18, 2006

The Numbers Game

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: wrap from the HFS
Dinner: blended green soup

Exercise: 30 min bike, 30 min treadmill

So lets talk numbers:

298.6 - That's what I weighed when I started ETL. Before I made the decision to start ETL I don't think I had ever stepped on our scale. I just didn't want to know. I knew I felt like crap and I looked like crap... I didn't need the scale to confirm that for me.

At first I was so ashamed of how much I weighed that I didn't want to post it here. I didn't even tell hubby how much I weighed. I just didn't want anyone to know; which is silly because it's not like anyone would look at me and NOT know that I could stand to lose some major poundage. Now, after reading the weight loss blogs of many others I realize that it's part of the deal. It helps you to identify with someone; maybe feel better about yourself... especially if you've got less to lose!

158.6 - That's how much I'd like to lose. It's a lot... as of today I still have 108.6 left to go. But as I said yesterday, I know I am going to make it there. I believe it at such a fundamental level that there is no "if's" or "i hope's" about it.

240(ish) - About my lowest adult weight... I don't really know how much I weighed when I was a senior in high school or when I was a freshman or sophomore in college... I went on a big health kick in my senior year of undergraduate study which I kept up through grad school. When I met my hubby as near as I can guess I was in the 240 to 250 range. (Which is where I am now... kinda cool!)

136 to 140 - That's my goal weight. It's in the middle of the reccommended range for someone of my height (5'6"). So I feel that it is a reasonable target for someone who has been 200lbs plus since middle school. When I get there I will re-evaluate my goals... we shall see.

120 - That's Dr. Fuhrman's ideal weight for someone of my height. I think that this is too thin for me; and many people out there that are also ETLing feel that these goals are a little bit ambitous as well...

3.5 - The number of pounds I'd like to lose per week in the next few weeks to reach my Boston goal. ;-)