Sunday, September 17, 2006

Milestone!

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: baked potato
Dinner: blended greens soup

Exercise: 30 min bike, 30 min treadmill

Woo hoo! I'm down 50 pounds! I can't express how happy I am to have found Eat to Live, and that it is working so well for me. I only wish that I had heard about it earlier so that I could have made this change in my life a long time ago. But really there are no worries, the past is the past and all we can do is make positive changes for a better future right?

50 pounds makes a lot of difference on a body! The two areas in which I am noticing the most difference are in my clothes and in my workouts. When I started ETL I had clothes that just barely fit me because I was too stubborn to buy a larger size. I had pants that I had to stuff myself into and could barely close. Now? Those same pants that I could barely fit into are getting baggy and I have other pants which are just plain too big now. I am now wearing pants that I've kept out of sight in a closet full of clothes that I couldn't wear before (I can fit into pretty much everything in that closet now!). My workouts have vastly improved too... when I started working out after not regularly working out for almost 2 years (ick!) I was happy to make it 30 minutes on the treadmill at a measly 2.5 miles per hour and a 0.5% incline. These days my workouts are an hour long and the treadmill is set to at least 3.0 miles per hour and a 3% incline with some jogging, which I tackle after a very rigorous workout on the bike. To me, that is a HUGE change.















I used to read those fitness magazines with the success stories where people would say things like "the weight just melted off" and felt so envious/wanted to kick those people. Good for you! I'd think... what was their secret and why wasn't I clued in? Maybe I just wasn't one of those people who was supposed to have success in losing weight. Well, I know now that everyone can have sucess in losing weight if they really want to and put in the effort. It's not easy; the pounds don't just melt away, but the most important thing is that everyone CAN do it if they really want to!

Now don't think that I've gotten all ahead of myself or anything, I know I still have a long way to go. But I feel with such certainty that I can make it to my goal that I'm not upset by the fact that I'm still just under 30% of the way there. It doesn't matter at all... I've built the foundation for success and I know I can make it. I'm not just hoping that I will get there or thinking in the back of my mind that for some reason it won't work for me, because I know that it will. It's all a matter of eating on plan and exercising... two things that get easier and easier to stick with all the time.

Dr. Fuhrman should do an infomercial or something...