Saturday, September 30, 2006

i'm not perfect

Thursday:
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: Wrap from HFS
Dinner: veggie chili
Exercise: 30 min bike, 30 min treadmill

Friday:
Breakfast: Smoothie
Dinner: Chili, small bowl of salt-free potato chips
Exercise: 30 min bike, 30 min treadmill

Saturday:
Breakfast: 2 slices whole grain toast
Dinner: Dr. Fuhrman's Famous Anti-Cancer Soup
Exercise: 60 min treadmill


Well, the past few days have been far from perfect. Thursday I rethought my self-imposed embargo with the HFS wrap section and had one for lunch. I decided that it was too much for me to try to stay away; and that if I end up having one meal off plan every week it will help me to feel less deprived and if I can get to a place where I am near-perfect for the rest of the week then that won't be so bad. I do feel kind of bad that I went back on my word about the whole thing; but feel relief from trying so hard to be perfect and am comfortable with knowing that I will allow myself a little leeway.

Today I made Dr. Fuhrman's Famous Anti-Cancer Soup, this is something I've wanted to make since starting ETL and I'm glad I finally did! It's very easy to make, the cashews give it a very rich and slightly sweet flavor, and overall it's got a great fall-like soup thing going on. Hubby really had fun juicing the celery and carrots and blending the soup, so all in all this soup is chock full of wholesome family goodness.

My notes on the recipe: I ladeled 3 ladle fulls (I'd guess about 2 to 3 cups) of the soup over 1 cup of cooked lentils, since I only had 8 cups of cooked lentils I froze about half of the soup for later. I'm thinking it will make about 15 to 16 servings overall. I substituted some so-salt seasoning blend for the VegiZest and cooked up some lentils on the side so I could have a whole serving of beans with the soup. I didn't use the TVP, but next time I think I will give it a try (I did add some cremini mushrooms - next time I would add more). When I went to heat up the soup for dinner I put some frozen veggies in it and popped the whole thing in the microwave to heat up the soup and defrost/steam the veggies. It came out perfectly.

I hope tomorrow's weigh-in is decent. I'm kind of worried that it will take me forever to get out of the 240's because this is the lowest I've been (ick!) in a long time. I know that it will feel great when I get into the 230's because I really will be in territory that I haven't seen since I was in my early college days. No matter what, I'm not going to give up. I am determined to be a success story!