Thursday, September 14, 2006

Holy Cow!

Wednesday's Food:

Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
Dinner: Blended Green Soup

Exercise: 31 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes bike

I have never been a fan of vinegar. The smell and the taste have never been something that I could stomach. When I was first researching and reading about Eat to Live, I was a bit concerned/discouraged that Dr. F had such an emphasis on vinegars as flavoring agents. Luckily Green Velvet salad dressing was one of the salad dressings that I first tried and really liked and adapted into the Green Velour.

Well this week I had run out of Green Velour and forgot to make more before going to work on Wednesday. On my way out the door I grabbed the Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar that I've had in the cupboard for over 3 months and figured I'd give it a try on my salad at lunch.

At first, it looks and smells like regulat balsamic vinegar... but after a few bites of salad the sweet fruity pomegranate flavor came out. IT WAS REALLY GOOD! I couldn't believe that I liked it so much and devoured my romaine dressed in only the vinegar.

The moral of the story? If you have a past history with vinegar that is less than favorable, give the Cuisine Perel's (the company that manufactures Dr. F's vinegars) vinegars a try. If the rest of the vinegars are as non-vinegary as the Pomegranate Balsamic; you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

The same goes for kale and collards! I'd never tried them before I made this week's soup and they are very good as well :-) Just goes to show that we should all try something new and not be hedged in by preconcieved notions or fear of leaving our comfort zone.