Wednesday, August 02, 2006

days 52 & 53: downs and ups

Tuesday's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: chili
Dinner / After school snack: popcorn (plain with some garlic powder)
Exercise: rest day/taught class

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine with ETL "ranch"
Dinner: chili
Exercise: 45 min on the treadmill, 15 min abs

This week all I have wanted to eat is junk. I don't know why... it's not a toxic hunger type of craving or anything, it's more of a psychological/emotional type of thing. I'm not sure where it's stemming from except that I've been busy with class these past few weeks (last night was the last night!) and at work my desk and every other surface in my office seems to be covered in things I needed to do... like... yesterday... Or it could be just the strain of trying to be perfectly ETL. I don't know... at least I haven't given in to the feeling. Hopefully they will go away with time and seeing results when I step on the sale :-)

A positive note is that I had a student come into my office today who I haven't seen in a few months; probably since I have started ETL. She looked at me and said "you look like you're losing weight?!" What a great feeling! Especially because it's not really something that I can see when I look in the mirror, or that hubby can see either. Hearing such things really ramps up the motivation.