Monday, July 31, 2006

day 51: broken zippers and hot glue meltdowns

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine with ETL "ranch"

Dinner: chili

Exercise: 45 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes weights

Nothing much happened today except that the zipper broke on my pants, my favorite pair of pants, while I was at work. This sucks particularly because they still fit (although baggier than before) and I'm not ready to buy a new pair. It also sucks because my fly was basically open from the time it happened until I was able to slip out the door home relatively unnoticed. Oh well, hopefully we can fix them and the crisis will be averted.

These are the same pants that I accidentally got hot glue on last year a few weeks before my wedding... and you can imagine what that was like. When it's so close to your wedding the last thing you need is to ruin your favorite pair of pants... or favorite anything for that matter.

So when said drop of hot glue dropped (I can't remember how but I was the one holding the hot glue gun) onto my leg, all I could think about was saving my favorite pair of pants. I had absolutely no regard for the molten glue or my finger as I tried to wipe the glue off of my pants... proceeding to burn my finger. Not a smart moment. But hubby (then fiance) came to my rescue as he so often does and got the glue off with some sort of magical combination of detergents and I don't know what but they were back to normal in no time.

So here I am crossing my fingers that all is not lost and my favorite pants can be salvaged. Honey, enjoy this experience now because as I lose this weight all I'm going to want to do is shop shop shop!