Wednesday, August 09, 2006

day 60: Taco Town!

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: wrap from the HFS
Dinner: tofu tacos, black beans & rice

Exercise: 90 min on treadmill, 15 min legs

So today wasn't what you'd call a great ETL day. But I've come to a place where I'm ok with it. I know that I can have a meal or two off plan and it won't send me into a downward spiral of bad eating. I've also been really good about working out and have been increasing the speed of the treadmill and the incline as I become comfortable with each level. I've also worked up to a 60 minute workout (minimum is still 45).

I know I can go back to being 100% ETL for the rest of the week with no problem. I've also noticed that I don't really enjoy some of the food that I thought I'd miss the most when I started ETL. Things like cheese and sour cream and really really sweet stuff just don't taste good anymore, plus they tend to make the tummy hurt. The reality is now that my morning smoothie is sweet enough; no salad dressing tastes better (to me) than my Green Velvet; and I don't need to add salt to my food. It's a great thing.

I'm still not going to let myself eat the really bad stuff regularly at all; because it does make me feel so much better when I am primarily on plan. But I'm not going to sweat it either. There are just some days (like today) when I just can't swing having a salad for lunch or the hubby and I want to go out to dinner together on a beautiful evening.

The important thing for me is to remember how far I've come... from not working out hardly at all and eating primarily frozen food and takeout to eating nearly no processed food at all and eating tons and tons more fruits and veggies and beans and not subsisting on vegetarian meat analogs. It's progress!