Wednesday, July 12, 2006

day 32: more trial and error

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: romaine with Lemon/Mustard/Garlic dressing
Dinner: enchilada casserole, eggplant lasagna

Exercise: yoga

Trial: leaving the soy milk out of my smoothies.


Reason: I was out and didn't feel like going to the store.

Result: Great! I can hardly taste the difference! The smoothie has a little less in the way of creaminess but like I said; it's really tough to taste the difference. The banana still gives it smoothness and I've replaced the soy milk with more water. The best benefit is that it's less calories and fat in my daily intake and I don't miss it at all.


Trial: Lemon-Herb-Garlic-Mustard salad dressing

Reason: Why not try something different?

Result: Wouldn't make it again. The dressing was pretty much as I listed, lemon juice, dried parsley and basil, garlic, some onion powder, and ground mustard. I made it according to the recipe I had and it was strange looking and tasting. I ended up adding some more prepared mustard and a squirt of Braggs in it to make it a little more likeable. Still when I had it I found it very tart and a little sour.

It's all about trial and error, some things work out and some things don't. That's what learning is all about huh! This weekend I'm going to try some different dressings... I'll report back on them too :-)