Monday, July 10, 2006

day 30: 1 month down

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: didn't eat
Dinner: enchilada casserole, eggplant lasagna

Exercise: yoga

I can't believe that it's been a month already! I can remember waking up on the first morning and thinking "do I really want to do this?" It was a scary thing to give up almost everything that you are used to in terms of food and start something completely new; I haven't been perfect but I have settled into routines that I can live with long term. I can't say enough how important planning and making food ahead has been for me. It lightens the burden so much.

Exercise is another area which I had a lot of struggle with prior to staring ETL. I knew it is good for me and that I should do it, but I just didn't have the willpower to consistently exercise. Now I have the motivation to exercise and (most of the time) I even enjoy it. So much of what I want to be able to do as I lose this weight is physical, being strong and in shape will only enhance these things as I start to do them.

There have been times that I doubted if I could make ETL a lifestyle; and its been just recently that I've started feeling comfortable with it. I think that as time goes on it will become second nature, just like being "normal" vegetarian did before. I hardly ever thought of being vegetarian, it was just the way things were for me. ETL will become that way as well; but it will take time and patience.