Tuesday, July 04, 2006

day 24: feelin' fine

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: celery & hummus
Dinner: steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and squash with spicy sauce

Exercise: 30 minutes jog/walk on the treadmill, 30 minutes weights

Today was a low-key day around the house as hubby had to work. I spent the day picking up and doing laundry. I had a great workout today. I am gradually running more and more each day; as long as my back isn't bothering me. I know that as I lose the weight my back issues will go away, and that's something extra special to look forward to.

I had a good day with food as well. I ate when I was hungry only and didn't struggle with cravings for the food I shouldn't be eating. It feels good to feel in control of your body and the food that you are ingesting. I read a post by someone somewhere (on one of the ETL forums I frequent) that they simply accept the fact that they have cravings and choose not to let it affect them. I find this an interesting way to deal with cravings. I know that when I experience cravings sometimes it's tough to psychologically break through the craving; and that when I'm craving something it's tough to think about something else other than the food that I want and why I should allow myself to have it. Still, something kicks in (for me) that stops me from giving in to the cravings; and I'm happy for that.