Wednesday, July 05, 2006

day 25: Vita-Mix day!

Today's Food:
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: romaine with Green Velvet
Dinner: cooked broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, yellow and green squash with spicy sauce, 1 slice of whole grain toast

Exercise: 40 minute walk/jog on the treadmill

Gather 'round all and hear the story of the 5 blenders...

Once upon a time in the northeast of a country that some call the USA; a girl named Nicole started on a weight loss quest. In her mission for health, happiness, and cute clothes; Nicole decided that Eat to Live would be her trusty steed and aide her in achieving her goals by eating 1lb of raw veggies, 1lb of cooked veggies, 1 cup of beans, 4 servings of fruit, 1 oz of nuts, and 1 T flax seeds every day.

"But how am I ever going to get all of that food into my body?" Nicole wondered, "I surely cannot spend all day eating, I have a life to live after all!"

Try a smoothie or a blended salad. Said the ETL internet fairy godmothers and godfathers.

"Ah! A smoothie! A tasty and efficient way to get in my fruits and maybe someday veggies too!"

So our fair protagonist tried a smoothie. First with a smoothie maker that she found somewhere in the depths of the enchanted kitchen.

"GGGGRRRR GGRRRR GRRRRRR WAAHHHHHHH!" Screamed the smoothie maker. After days of battling the smoothie maker to make breakfast, the smoothie maker gave out; rattling itself to bits and leaking all over the enchanted kitchen.

"Well this won't do," said Nicole, "Tomorrow I'll try the Magic Bullet; maybe it will do the trick."

"Well, I'll give it a try, I think I can do it," said the Magic Bullet valiantly, "Hey look, I can handle this, yeah... I can do it! Oh, I seem to be getting a little hot, but I can handle this, oh, oh, hotter still. Gee, is that smoke I see? I think it is. I need a nap."

"Hmm, it seems like the Magic Bullet isn't quite what we need. I must consult Prince Hubby about this one." Nicole said to herself.

"Fear not my dear wife," Prince Hubby reassured her, "I will purchase you a brand new blender that will solve all of your smoothie needs for my love for you is neverending and as long lasting as the sun shines and broccoli is green."

And he did, he researched and researched and shopped around and presented her with what they agreed was the nicest, most reasonable blender in all the closely surrounding land.

The new shiny blender blended up smoothies with performance heretofore unmatched by the other blenders. Until after a mere week of frozen fruit punishment, it decided to start leaking.

"I will not have my sweetie subjected to this... this... inferiority!" Said Prince Hubby with vigor, "I shall end this ordeal by purchasing you the best blender in all the land! The Vita-Mix! But you must endure a few days of the ancient Betty Crocker blender until it arrives; can you handle this grave test my love?"

"I can, and thank you my dear Prince Hubby, you are truly the best hubby ever and I love you."

So she trudged through the BC (Betty Crocker) days, trying to be as nice as possible to the poor blender, relegated to backup duty. Gently she took extra care cutting up the frozen fruit and adding extra liquid to the mix to ensure that she wasn't left blender-less. The Betty Crocker whined and whirred and even smoked a little; blending its way through the darkest of hours.

Until one day when the UPS elves delivered the wondrous Vita-Mix. Nicole and Prince Hubby knew that the dark days of blender oppression were behind them and they (she) could soldier forward on in their (her) quest for health, happiness, and designer clothes.

The End