Monday, July 03, 2006

day 23: the daily grind

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: hummus with celery
Post Workout Snack: 1/2 banana
Dinner: broccoli curry, 1 slice of whole grain toast, apple

Exercise: 50 minute walk/run on the treadmill

Yesterday we bought me new sneakers. We tried this cool sneaker recommending kiosk at Dicks that you walk across and it tells you what size shoe you need and recommends actual models of shoes that would work for you depending on where you need support and what sport you want them for. It was very fun and I got these cute Nikes. I could definitely tell a difference on the treadmill today over my old shoes. It was pretty cool.

Today I struggled a lot with being happy about ETL; but I didn't cheat at all. Sometimes even though I have hubby (and me) reminding me that it's just food and of all of the reasons I'm doing this; it's tough not to crave the bad stuff all of the time. Seeing results each week helps and feeling better while working out helps. Thinking about being able to buy a new wardrobe when I've lost all of my weight really helps. It was fun to watch What Not to Wear today and see something and think "I'd buy something like that" rather than "I could never wear something like that."

Off to watch a movie with my sweet hubby. Have a great night all!