Saturday, July 01, 2006

day 21: end of week 3

Today's Food:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: leftover spinach, mushrooms and beans from last night's dinner
Dinner: romaine with green velour

Exercise: 45 minute walk/jog on the treadmill

Well, today is the end of week 3. This is the middle of the first six weeks. There have been a many ups and downs; and I can't really say it's been easy. But I can say that I've learned a lot about myself and have started along the road to much better and healthier habits. I know that I can make it in the long run with ETL.

Tomorrow is weigh day, and "sarge" (my hubby) set a goal for me (really not sure why but he was joking around about celebrity fit club...) this week to lose 5 lbs. I know that I tried very hard to stick as close to the plan as I could. I did have about a teaspoon of natural peanut butter on some whole grain toast the other night, and the peanut butter is technically not ETL but I can deal with it.

I also met my goal of exercising 6 days this week. What's more important; I had fun doing it too. Again, it's something that I know I can stick with in the long run.

No matter what I lost this week I'll be happy because I'm feeling more in control of this than I have been, and I truly believe that this is the best lifestyle for me.