Monday, June 19, 2006

day 9: nicole's the biggest loser

Today's Food:
Breakfast: banana-blueberry-strawberry smoothie with soy and flax
Lunch: black bean soup, romaine with green velvet, strawberries
Dinner: veggie stir fry, raw baby carrots

So this morning I poked my head into my boss' office to share with her my week 1 results. Little did I know that she would proceed to tell the entire office! Luckily our office consists of only 7 people (including myself) and we are all women. But at any rate, hearing "Nicole's the biggest loser!" was kind of funny and slightly embarassing for some reason.

I did get a lot of questions about the diet today, and since everyone in the office is trying as much as they can to be health conscious I didn't get any criticism or anything. It's a nice environment to be in.

I got pretty close to my all of the daily goals (1lb raw veggies, 1lb cooked veggies, 1c beans, 4 servings fruit, 1 oz seeds/nuts) today. I feel good and full, and haven't had the cravings for bread or other non-ETL so much lately, which is good. I do need to incorporate some more variety of food into my diet to really get the benefits of this plan like Dr. F says. But hey; trying new things will keep the diet interesting.