Sunday, June 18, 2006

day 8: first weigh day


Today's Food:
Breakfast: banana-blueberry-raspberry smoothie with soy milk and flax
Lunch: black bean soup and raw baby carrots, date-coconut thingies (they're gone now, and will not return!)
Dinner: romaine with green velvet, pineapple

Woo Hoo! Down 9.6 pounds! I'll admit I had to weigh myself about 4 times before I actually believed the scale, I was worried that I would only be down something like 3 pounds after the long week and honestly trying the best I could to stick to ETL. I wasn't perfect but wow! Results like this certainly give the incentive to stick even closer to the plan.

I also want to start working out. Ideally I'd like to do yoga in the morning and cardio and weights in the evening after work. We'll see how I do. I don't understand how I can be so committed to a way of eating (even when I was just lacto-ovo) and not be able to make the same sort of commitment to excercising. All I can say is that now like never before I believe that I can be successful in losing weight and working out can only help out along the way. I am going to work on establishing a commitment to excercise the way I have to diet, I know I can do it; I just have to figure out how.