Tuesday, June 27, 2006

day 17: baby steps

Today’s Food:
Breakfast:
banana-blueberry-strawberry smoothie with soy milk and flax
Lunch: salad of romaine, white beans, and “green velour”
Dinner: raw carrots, broccoli & cauliflower with braggs, garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper flakes
Dessert: apple

Exercise: 33 min walk/jog on the treadmill, 30 minutes weight training

Still trying to work out the kinks of ETL food. Who knew it would be so tough to find food I like on this diet? I’ve never been adverse to veggies or salad, I like beans, and who doesn’t like at least some fruit? Again, I know it’s just trial and error and it will work itself out in time. But still, I can’t help craving all the old comforts; pizza, veggie burgers, potatoes, cheese…

That said, I think I’m doing pretty well so far this week (even though it’s just Tuesday). I’ve exercised every day and except for my liberal use of Braggs on my dinner tonight I’ve stuck pretty closely to ETL. I look forward to when ETL will be as easy for me as being lacto-ovo was. I had gotten to the point that I didn’t really even think about it; it was just something that was instinct to me. I’m sure that it will happen if I keep at it.

There were a few moments today when I thought to myself about ditching ETL and going back to WW and keeping up with the exercise. It does still sound good. I also thought to myself a few times today, is it really better to lose weight and be miserable about food than not lose weight and be miserable about myself? I have come back to my senses and know these things take longer than 2.5 weeks.

Sincerely,

still sticking with it