Monday, June 26, 2006

day 16: brown rice would be so good with this...

Today's Food:
Breakfast: banana-blueberry-strawberry smoothie with soy milk and flax.
Lunch: black bean salad over romaine
Dinner: veggie curry, apple

Exercise: 45 minute walk on the treadmill

First things first, if you're a lover of ephemera, check out www.paperstuff.com, they have an amazing collection of vintage fruit and veggie crate labels. I'm already dreaming of redoing the art in my dining room with them and I just happened upon the website 15 minutes ago.

And back to ETL land... Today I kept repeating to myself something that Rosy talks about a lot in her blog (thanks to her weight loss tracker); "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Aside from breakfast, nothing tasted good today. I didn't finish my lunch because it was just taking me too long to eat it and I was sick of eating. My poor veggie curry is hopelessly overcooked and mushy veggies are just never a delight for the palate. Every food commercial I see on tv looks good; even for food I would have never wanted prior to starting ETL. Just one of those days I guess.

I think that with time I will find recipes that I like and will be happy with ETL food, and then SAD food won't be such a tease. I just get so impatient sometimes!