Friday, June 23, 2006

day 13: i cheated

Today's Food:
Breakfast: banana-blueberry-strawberry smoothie with soy milk and flax
Lunch: black bean soup, romaine with "green velour"
Dinner: Amy's Cheese Enchilada frozen meal

Exercise: 45 minute walk/jog on the treadmill

I cheated. I feel bad about it, but it also tasted good. I was stressed out and tired and didn't want to eat baby carrots and bland cooked veggies. I wanted something familiar, cheesy, and simple to make. So I ate the Amy's meal I still had in the freezer.

And then I IM'ed hubby (cause he works nights) to tell him. My hubby is the best. He switched into "Drill Sergeant" mode and told me I needed to work out right away (you can see that I did in my "mug shot," I don't usually look that disheveled). He also said that I need to throw away my non-ETL food. That's just what I needed to hear. He didn't tell me I was evil or scold me; he just reinforced the things that were in my head that I didn't want to take the initiative to make myself do. Plus he can check up on me to make sure I follow through. He has been so supportive and I'm happy for that. I love my drill sergeant hubby.

I didn't plan to quit ETL when I cheated; I just wanted one "normal" meal. I've been planning for tomorrow to be a cooking day. I know I haven't been doing well with the cooked veggies so it is my mission tomorrow to make enough cooked veggies to last me the week. I'm also going to soak and cook enough beans for the week. Stay tuned for the recipes :-)

One last thing about the cheating episode; after I ate it I actually felt better emotionally. I think the craving was mostly psychological and emotional. All of that denying myself of the things I'm used to got to me. Thinking every day about what I wanted to eat on my birthday (still not for 2+ months) got to me. It's out of my system now and this time I'll make it much longer without going off-plan.