Thursday, June 22, 2006

day 12: missing salt...

Today's Food:
Breakfast: banana-blueberry-strawberry-spinach smoothie with soy and flax
Lunch: black bean soup, romaine with "green velour"
Dinner: green beans with almonds, raw baby carrots

Exercise: am: weight training, pm: cardio

The exercise plan is going well; hubby motivated me to get out of bed early this morning to work out. It wasn't fun getting up at first but after a while I was glad that I did.

I added spinach to my smoothie for the first time today, it was "just ok," I think that once I get to a point where I am consistently eating my 1 lb of cooked veggies (which I am not right now) I will cut the spinach back out of the smoothies and just do fruit. As hubby told my family this past weekend, breakfast (smoothie) is my favorite part of ETL.

I was really missing (read: craving) salt and fat tonight when I went to make dinner. Nothing sounded good to me and I really didn't even want to eat. I really need to spend some time trying out recipes for cooked veggies to find some that I really love. I really have to remember while I'm craving non-Eat to Live food why I'm doing ETL: to be happier, healthier, be active the way I want to be, and cute clothes.

Still getting into the groove of things :-)