Wednesday, June 21, 2006

day 11: happy summer!


Today's Food:
Breakfast:
banana-blueberry-raspberry smoothie with soy and flax
Lunch: celery and carrots with a little hummus (store bought - ick!)
Dinner: black bean soup, romaine with "Green Velour" dressing*

Exercise: 32 minutes walk/jog on the treadmill!

Today hubby and I washed, cut up and froze a bunch of beautiful strawberries for smoothies, they taste and smell amazing. Summertime is definitely the best time to start ETL! All of the fresh produce really helps make switching to a diet that is centered on fruit and veggies so much easier.

I had an excellent workout today, I spent 10 minutes walking gradually faster to warm up and for the other 22 minutes I did a sort of interval kind of thing by running/jogging for 1 minute and then walking for 2 minutes and repeating. It felt like a really good workout and it was fun and made the time go by much more quickly over walking or jogging at a constant pace. I plan to alternate days between yoga and strength training in the morning and also doing cardio every day after work. I'd like to work out at least 6 days a week.

*Green Velour is my new variation to Green Velvet, I substituted frozen spinach (because it's what I had) for the parsley, tarragon, and dill. I prefer it to the original recipe :-) It's a much more mild flavor and kind of tastes like pesto to me. The next time I make it I am going to make it with basil and spinach or maybe just basil alone!