Friday, February 15, 2008

running update

Confession: I didn't work out last night. I know I said I was going to but I got home and just wanted to sit on the couch and hug my doggie. I'm not proud of it, but it's pretty much how I've been feeling lately.

I've decided to hold off on my 10k training for now. Knowing that I have to do 5 or more miles on the treadmill negatively motivates (de-motivates? I can't think of the correct antonym) me and I end up not working out at all. I can handle 2 or 3 miles but more than that just seems like too much boringess for me. Running outside is just a totally different thing, for one, once you get so far away from home/where you parked you pretty much don't have a choice but to get yourself back there and running is the quickest way to do so, plus there's stuff to look at Cammie can come with me which are both big bonuses.

Working out tonight after work seems so much more manageable now that I am not trying to impose a 5 mile run on myself. I'm still going to run, but for maybe 30 minutes and then hop on our under-used bike for a little bit and then do some abs. It'll be a good workout and I'll be doing lots of stuff that will keep me fit and ready to pick up training for the 10k when the weather gets better and Cammie and I can get outside again.

Winter please go away soon!