Tuesday, February 12, 2008

298th post, an appropriate time to start over

I'm getting to the point where I am getting sick of myself again. I see my face in pictures and think it's looking a bit puffy - this makes me think of how I would look at myself before I started to lose weight and hate that I had a double chin. I am starting to not feel good about my body and not feel good about my clothes. It's not a fun place to be, and I don't want to be here any more.

I need to really commit to the 6 week plan and stick to it for the long haul. I have been too laid back with myself and it's catching up to me both physically and mentally. I don't enjoy feeling bad (and who does), and know exactly what I need to do to stop. So I'm going to.

We got a beautiful KitchenAid stand mixer for ourselves as a Christmas present, and I love it and I love to bake, but it's just not doing me any favors. I need to put the mixer into storage and get it out for special occasions only. No more of this weekly baking stuff.

I need to post daily my food and exercise. Studies show (no, not really) that I lose weight when I'm faithful about blogging, so it's got to start happening again.

I'm NOT going to be one of those people who starts out really strongly and then fizzles out and then slides into the "used to blog" black hole of failure. I'm going to reach my goals, and I'm going to show that anyone can do it - no matter how long it takes or what roadblocks come up. I've done a disservice to myself for letting the holidays and the weather give me an excuse, and the reality is that there are so many things that I want to look good for and so many reasons why I want to feel good and there are so many things I want to be able to do or do better that I just can't screw around anymore.

It's going to be tough, and it's not going to be fun. But it's not going to be the worst thing in the world either. There is delicious food that I can eat, and it makes me feel so much better than I do right now. I'm not sentencing myself to a life of misery, I'm doing the exact opposite.