Tuesday, September 25, 2007

highs, lows, in-betweens

Wow, I didn't realize that it's been nearly a week since I last posted. Things have been hectic lately between work, going away last weekend, and trying not to get too despertely behind on housework it's been tough to find time to get online and check everyone's blogs and update my own. Hopefully soon things (especially at work) will get under control and I will be able to be a much more consistent blogger.

Thursday I worked a 12+ hour day, went home and took a nap and was then back at work on Friday before 8am. Luckily, I had taken a half day so that Friday and Saturday Hubby and I could take quick and breezy tour of New England. We drove to Massachusetts Friday afternoon/evening and had dinner with some friends and then got up really, really, really early on Saturday to drive to New Hampshire to do some Mini stuff. We took back roads through New Hampshire and Vermont all the way to Albany on the way home. It was a long day, but it was really nice.

But my eating wasn't so nice. So when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning for my weekly weigh in; I had gained weight. I was expecting it but it still sucked to see. Hubby asked me what my weight was, and usually I just tell him; but I felt pretty crappily about it and couldn't bring myself to say it out loud. "It's ok, you'll lose it" Hubby said and gave me a big hug. It was just what I needed. I haven't been perfect yesterday or today, but I have been much better and this has been a faster rebound than others I've had.

Motivation: There is a person on the member center who has lost 120 pounds since last September, and she hasn't gone off Eat to Live (like NO CHEATING, at all!). Isn't that amazing! That kind of dedication is something I'd like to aspire to.

Also, Dr. Fuhrman's office contacted me (Hi Susan!), to ask if they could use my pictures and story to be this month's success story in Dr. F's newsletter and if they could put me on the Success Stories page on the website... how awesome is that! It's great to hear how excited other people are for me and really helps me to keep going and stick with it when those moments strike when I'd rather not do what I should.

Enough babbling for now, I will be back tomorrow with a running update!