Monday, June 25, 2007

things i've been thinking

Monday:
AM 30 min walk with Cammie
Breakfast: Smoothie (spinach, blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 banana, flax, water)
Lunch: Pita Sandwich (whole wheat pita, falafel, lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, onions, little bit of tzatziki)
PM walk and bike ride with Cammie (I have a doggie bike basket with a harness, it's hilarious and I think that she secretly likes bike rides even though she may tell you different)
Dinner: Salad (romaine, scallions, mandarin oranges, almonds, balsamic), raw brownies
Fuhrmometer: 8.5 - eggplant/broccoli

I've been thinking lately that I should stop counting my walks with Cammie as exercise, but I've also been thinking that I shouldn't. I'm still not sure what I officially think.

Reasoning for not counting it:
- Our route is pretty flat and while we walk at a decent pace; it's not like we're jogging or even speedwalking
- I should just use the time for waking up in the morning and de-stressing in the evening
- I can work out harder on the treadmill and therefore build more muscle etc.

Reasoning for counting it:
- I am being active when I walk her
- It's summertime and I am really enjoying being outside so much
- (When I eat well) I am losing weight at this level of activity
- It's not like I don't do anything else, I've been riding my bike and I do Yourself!Fitness too (although I should do it more than I have recently)
- The treadmill can be a bit boring.

Ok, so I think I've decided to keep things as they are for the time being. BUT - I will be more faithful with doing Yourself!Fitness 6x per week and I will do at least 1 workout on the treadmill per week while it's summer and the weather is awesome.