Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday:
Exercise: 30 min walk with Cammie, 30 min core workout (Y!F)
Breakfast: Smoothie (spinach, mixed berries, 1/2 banana, flax, water)
Lunch: 1/2 bowl Thai Coconut Soup with veggies
Exercise: walk around the neighborhood with Cammie and Hubby
Dinner: Salad (romaine, scallions, mandarin orange sections, almonds, ginger-lime-sesame dressing); raw brownies
Fuhrmometer: 9.5 Broccoli/Kale

Writing is a funny thing - either you love it or you hate it. I think that most of the time my feelings regarding writing revolve around if I have anything to say or not, it's so much easier to write when you actually have something you want to say. One of my favorite thoughts about writing is from the book Sophie's Choice where the narrator is a young writer, he states that (paraphrase) "the most insulting thing to a writer is the blank page." Isn't that the truth when you have to sit down to write something and have no idea what on earth to say.

Lately I haven't had too much that I really felt was worth writing about, that and I feel like I've been really busy lately with stuff around the house and whatnot... at least that's what I was telling myself. I thought about it some more and the real reason is that for the last week and a half I've been feeling like I don't want to try so hard with the eating - I've felt like my workouts have been good and consistent and I don't want to be so strict with myself when it comes to food.

I know that this really is crap. It's not doing anything good for my weight loss (although luckily it hasn't done anything negative either). I don't want to maintain the weight that I am at but I am kind of behaving like it.

BUT I still feel like I want to be more relaxed with my food - I don't know... I think maybe if I allow myself one planned "off plan" meal a week, like dinner on Fridays with Hubby, then that will be something I can live with without starting to feel deprived or stressed out about things. Yeah, I can do that.