Thursday, March 08, 2007

blah blah, whine, complain, go eat some spinach

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I didn't want to work out; and procrastinated about it for a good 45 minutes befire going downstairs to do it. My workout wasn't much fun either. I spent a lot of the time saying mean things to Maya - the virtual personal trainer in Yourself!Fitness- and after 30 minutes of that I gave up rather than doing my regular other 30 minutes of exercise. Then I was crabby about going to work - it's especially tough when it's hubby's day off and I still have two more days of work. I was angry that I didn't "have anything to wear". When I got to work I was b*!chy about being here and didn't want to talk to anyone and I was literally angry at the junk food in the kitchen.

But then I had my smoothie - 8oz spinach, 4oz each blueberries, strawberries and banana with flax and water. And got some work done and now I don't feel so grumpy. I actually feel pretty ok. I don't know for sure if the attitude change is due to the good, healthy food but I think it helped. I know that when I'm eating right I feel better emotionally/psychologically as well as physically. Compared to how I used to feel emotionally/physically before ETL it's a very big improvement and is something that I'd sort of forgotten about. I'm kind of in a round-about way glad for this because it did remind me of another reason why I love this lifestyle.