Tuesday, December 19, 2006

ETL Angels

A BIG thank you to everyone who left me a comment from yesterday's post, your encouragement means so much to me and I am so very very lucky to have readers like all of you!


Here is how today went:
Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: Italian-ish Stew, 2 small Christmas cookies
Dinner: Blended Salad

Exercise: 30 minute walk with Cammie, 30 min treadmill, 30 min Yourself!Fitness

Fuhrmometer: Broccoli

I'm giving myself Broccoli today because I did have the cookies at lunch but later I threw the rest of the cookies out instead of having one. I had a stressed out moment and was going to have a big cookie but I didn't; I just tossed them --hopefully no one at work was upset about it!

I'm trying something a little different with my meals this week, instead of having my salad or blended salad for lunch I'm talking my hot meal. I think that it will help me not want to go out and get lunch and it also cuts down on my am food prep time. So far it's working out well; I haven't thought about not eating the food I've brought with me :-)

Last night and tonight I was tempted not to eat a real dinner and out of laziness have cashews instead of my blended salad. Then something amazing happened; my little ETL angel appeared on my shoulder and said "But think about all of the nutrients you'll miss!" AND I AGREED!!! I am so happy that I thought about nutrition rather than ease or time or anything else. I feel like it was a great breakthrough for me.

Cammie likes my blended salads too - I think this is really funny. She's such an awesome pup.